Used in applications conjunction with safety systems, for shut-off in gas feed pipes. They are available in various voltage configurations and either Normally Open/Power Close or Normally Closed/Power Open. When power is removed the Valves revert back to their ‘normal condition’.
The range of sizes available are from ½” to 2” Screwed BSP and 2½” to 8” Flanged.
When installed it is preferable to position the valve downstream of the gas meter and outside the area traversed by the gas pipework. Please note the following points: –
- If positioned in the open air it must be protected from rain.
- Ensure that in the pipework there are no residues from soldering or from tapping or threading.
- Check the alignment of the pipework connections and ensure that they are not subject to vibrations.
- Pay attention to the flow direction marked on the valve body.
- Valve can be installed in any position except that with the coil facing downwards.
- Leave sufficient space for any future removal of the coil and around the valve itself for the circulation of air.
- Avoid absolutely using the coil as a lever; instead use appropriate tools on the seating of the valve body.
- On completion of the installation check the seals.
- Lift the reset knob to open the valve.
- Power the coil to check the closure. to re-open the valve the coil must not be powered